So, I kind of have this theory that some things are better left up to the experts, and who better to describe this lovely issue of Juxtapoz, but the fine folks at Juxtapoz... so here is their description...
Juxtapoz is proud to both kick off the 2015 year with a cover story on Brooklyn-based fine artist Dan Witz in our print edition. But we are even more proud that it will be released at our booth at Scope Art Fair Miami Beach and on shelves around the world during the holiday shopping rush. Witz is overdue for the cover, with his mosh pit paintings and unique street art being enjoyed by collectors and readers for over two decades.
Also in the January 2015 print edition of Juxtapoz:
- A look into the process of hyperreal sculpture master, Kazu.
- Ryan McGinness explores a Brave New World
- Suzannah Sinclair tells us no more nudes
- Rachell Sumpter and Jacob Magraw go way out to make far out work
- Bill Saylor exploring abstraction in Brooklyn
- Apple Jony Ive gets Treasured
- Matija Cop makes worlds in fashion
We look at the story behind Scope Art Fair, the Fertile Ground of the Bay Area, Kansas City's eclectic side, and see the many plants in Paul Wackers' studio.